Monday, February 9, 2009

Made it to the Mayo

Well, I have arrived at the Mayo Clinic. I had hoped to of posted more in the previous weeks, but as you all probably are aware - life gets busy. Even when you have a BPI you must still work, take care of the kids, cook dinner, clean the house, coach girls 3/4th grade basketball (yeah, that's been a challenge. I'm not quite as good a basketball player as I once was), doing taxes, and most of all, trying to prove to my insurance I cannot get the specialization I need in network. The fact of the matter is I am where I need to be right now.

Today was an emotional day for me. The craziness of life didn't fully allow for what is happening to me in the next few days to sink in. All the time I had alone flying today really allowed for some deep thought. I have been able to deal fairly well lately. I have adapted at work, at home, and pretty much anywhere, but it's times where you are alone and fending for yourself that are tough. I couldn't drag my family here, it just wasn't possible. Luckily, I have a great friend, one of my cycling buddies who was with me during my bike crash, that is going to be here Wednesday night to see me thru surgery and then home hopefully.

I am very nervous about what my true prognosis is. I know I will deal with whatever happens, but obviously I am hoping for some real positive answers. So stay tuned, I will update daily as to what goes on at the Mayo.....

1 comment:

  1. i know what your dealing with i hit a tree snowmobiling about 7 months ago. i just got to the mayo about 2 weeks ago i got the pager also haha

    ReplyDelete